Op art, also known as optical art, is a style of visual art that uses optical illusions.
characteristics: Op art works are abstract, with many better known pieces created in black and white. Typically, they give the viewer the impression of movement, hidden images, flashing and vibrating patterns, or of swelling or warping. Movement in Squares, by Bridget Riley 1961
Optical and no objective transformations which transforming into planes, fashion and objects. There are artists known for op art as below:
- Bridget Riley: pre-computer art designer
- Somia Delaunary: more pattern design
- Joset Albers: with color design
- Donald Judd: trans-formative minimalist, multiple function design, concatenation (to link) , parallelogram……
- Gordor Watters (1919-1995): NZ artist
- Micheal Parekowhai: NZ artist
- Sarah Hughes: http://www.sarahughes.co.nz/installations/#/the-big-stick-up/Sarah Hughes installation at gallery cup in Sydney.